The American Red Cross encourages everyone to be prepared for emergencies and disasters. Since these events can strike suddenly, individuals and families can make a difference by gathering important emergency supplies, making a plan and being informed.
Being Red Cross Ready is to join the ranks of the millions of people who are preparing themselves today to face and overcome tomorrowƒ??s emergencies. Simple preparedness actions can equip people with the necessities that can make all the difference should an emergency occur.
- The FR1 is designed to keep you safe and sound, all charged up and ready to know. Perfect for everyday use or in case of emergency.
- Small enough to store in an emergency kit, backpack or glovebox, the FR1 packs a ton of features into a super compact size. And itƒ??s mighty enough to charge most smartphones, play tunes and news, receive weather alerts, and light the night.
- Stay in tune and up to date with this AM/FM/NOAA weather band digital radio with display and alarm clock. Plug in your favorite headphones for solo listening.
- When the ƒ??Alertƒ?? function is on, the radio will automatically broadcast emergency weather alerts for your area such as hurricanes, tornadoes and severe storms.
- The FR1 powers up in multiple waysƒ??via hand crank, built-in rechargeable battery, or use DC power via the included micro-USB cable to charge the FR1ƒ??s built-in rechargeable battery.
- To charge your smartphone, simply plug your charging cable into the USB port. Push the ƒ??CELLƒ?? button and it will begin to charge to your phone. The FR1 has enough power to fully charge most smartphones when fully charged.